Laboratory Animal Science – Basic Course Main Focus: Mice/Rats (as per FELASA B Guidelines)
The course topics are communicated in e-learning sessions and classroom lectures (40 course hours)
- Introduction to laboratory animal science
- Applicable laws, ethics, animal protection and the three R‘s principle
- Estimation and appreciation of strain and distress, humane end points
- Fundamentals of care, keeping and feeding of laboratory animals, breed and genetics, diseases and hygiene
- Fundamentals of test planning, statistics and standardisation of animal tests, alternative and supplementary methods
Main focus on laboratory animals mice/rats:
Anatomy, biology, physiology, handling, application and sample collection, anaesthesia, analgesia, fundamentals of surgical procedures, humane method of killing
A good amount of time has been scheduled for practical exercises.
It is absolutely mandatory to successfully complete all e-learning units in order to be able to participate in the classroom lecture. E-learning is activated 6 weeks prior to the commencement of the classroom lecture; appropriate access information is provided to the participants in due time.
An written evaluation test on both parts of the course is conducted at the end of the classroom lecture.
26.-28. April 2016
e-learning: activated from March 14th, 2016
(6 weeks before the commencement of the classroom lecture)
Classroom lecture: April 26th‐28th, 2016
Tue. 11 a.m.–7p.m., Wed. 9 a.m. – 7 p.m., Thu. 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Dr. Stephanie Krämer
Regulär: 1050.00 €
The price includes access to e-learning, participation in the classroom lecture, refreshments incl. lunch and beverages, as well as materials for practical exercises.
The price is exclusive of VAT.
Begrenzt auf 24 Teilnehmer
Seminarzentrum berliner fortbildungen
Heerstraße 18-20, 14052 Berlin